The next North American Unicycling Championships and Convention (NAUCC) will be held in Salt Lake City, Utah July 12 through July 18, 2004.
Carol Bricker has volunteered to serve as chairperson of the NAUCC 2004 organizing committee. Carol is a very accomplished rider and attended many early NUMs and UNICONs as a member of Redford Township Unicycle Club (RTUC). She won several world and North American championship titles.
Preliminary plans call for NAUCC 2004 to be held Monday, July 12 (registration, possible USA meeting) through Sunday, July 18. Artistic events would be held Tuesday, July 13 and Wednesday, July 14. Racing (track) events would be held Thursday, July 15 and Friday, July 16. MUni events, a 10K, etc. would be held Saturday, July 17 and Sunday, July 18. Unofficial, "fun rides," will be offered Monday, July 19 for people wishing to leave for UNICON XII directly from Salt Lake City. UNICON XII will be held July 23 through August 1 in Tokyo, Japan.
Lodging in the Salt Lake City area is plentiful and reasonable. We will pass on some details of lodging and venues soon.
There is no unicycle club in the Salt Lake City area to organize and run NAUCC 2004. Carol Bricker has been assembling an organizing committee from the USA, Inc. membership at large. Members so far include:
- Racing: RTUC members have volunteered to organize and run the track events
- Artistic: Connie Cotter, Twin Cities Unicycle Club (TCUC)
- MUni: A Salt Lake City area MUni rider (I believe he is the gentleman who organizes the annual Moab MUni event - I'll get his name to you soon)
- Registration: Tom Daniels, Panther Pride Demo Team (PPDT - USA, Inc. President)
- Finances - Karen Rabideau, PPTD (USA, Inc. Treasurer)
- Workshops: Carol McLean, TCUC
If you would like to volunteer to help the USA, Inc. organize and run NAUCC 2004, please contact me directly via e-mail.
Watch for more details as they come available here, on the USA, Inc. Web site and in the Society's newsletter, On One Wheel.
President, Unicycling Society of America, Inc.